Orlando Immunology Center is pleased to announce that we will again be sponsoring a team at this year’s 2015 AIDS Walk Orlando. If you are interested in joining our team or donating to this worthwhile cause, please let us know.
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- In Florida, 15% of all new HIV infections reported among females in 2012 were under the age of 25.
- Of those persons living with HIV disease in Florida, 49% are black, 29% are white and 20% are Hispanic. Men represent 70% of the cases. Persons over the age of 45 years represent 60%.
- Approximately 20% of individuals living with HIV/AIDS are unaware of their diagnosis.
- 1 in 4 new cases of HIV are among those ages 13 – 24.
- There are 12,500 of our Central Florida neighbors living with HIV/AIDS.