Frequently Asked Questions
What is a clinical trial?
- – A clinical study involves research using human volunteers (also called participants) that is intended to add to medical knowledge. There are two main types of clinical studies: clinical trials (also called interventional studies) and observational studies.
What is the purpose of a clinical trial?
- – In general, clinical studies are designed to add to medical knowledge related to the treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of diseases or conditions
Is it safe to participate in the clinical trials you offer?
- – At OIC you and your safety are our #1 priorities! Our medical team will NEVER recommend participating in a trial that will not be in your best interest.
- – Prior to enrolling in a clinical trial, our team does a complete workup (from reviewing your medical history and chart to diagnostic testing) to make sure you are the perfect candidate to enroll.
- – Any known risks are always discussed with you prior to enrolling in a trial.
- – We are routinely monitored by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicine Agency (EMA), Institutional Review Board (IRB), Sponsors, & Contact Research Organizations (CRO) to determine whether our site and sponsors are complying with regulations.
How long are the clinical trials you offer?
- – We offer many clinical trials with durations ranging from 7 days to 6 years. Our team will follow you for routine visits for the entire duration of the clinical trial.
Do I need health insurance to participate?
- – No. Health insurance is not required to enroll in a clinical trial.
What happens if I do not want to participate or if I no longer want to be part of a clinical trial?
- – Your decision to take part in a clinical trial is 100% VOLUNTARY. You can decide not to participate or withdraw from a clinical trial at any time.
Will I be paid to be part of a clinical trial?
- – A stipend or compensation for your time and participation may be provided. For specific information please contact our research department.
If I decide to participate in a clinical trial, will my personal information be shared or published?
- – No. Your participation is strictly confidential. We will never share or publish any of your personal information without your approval.
What if I’m interested in participating but there is no clinical trial available for me?
- – Don’t worry! If there are no trials available for you now, we will still add you to our database and contact you when we have a trial that you may qualify for!
We would be happy to answer all your questions! If you have any additional questions or would like to learn more about our current enrolling trials, please contact us here!
Ongoing Clinical Research (Click Here)
To schedule an appointment with one of our board certified specialists call
(407) 647-3960 or click here to request an appointment.